India News: Times of India brings the top news headlines from India on Politics, Current Affairs, Sports, Entertainment, Technology and Indian Business News.
Pakistan terror expert is RAW chief, J&K specialist IB boss
The government has appointed senior IPS officer Samant Kumar Goel as chief of external intelligence agency RAW. Intelligence Bureau too got a new director in Arvind Kumar, who has handled desks like Kashmir and Left-wing extremism over the years. Goel and Kumar have a strong intelligence background, with the former having first served in RAW in 2001 and Kumar with IB since 1991.
- Jet refunds unlikely any time soon
- Over 1 lakh dropped from draft NRC, must prove their citizenship again
Jharkhand lynching culprits should get max punishment: PM Modi
PM Modi said that the lynching of a Muslim man in Jharkhand pained him and the guilty should be severely punished. He countered the opposition’s suggestion that the BJP-ruled state was particularly prone to such incidents. He said all such violence, whether in Jharkhand, West Bengal or Kerala, must invite uniform condemnation.
Only Modi, Trump can make India-US relationship work: Mike Pompeo
US President Trump and PM Modi can execute the transformation of the India-US relationship, secretary of state Mike Pompeo said in an exclusive interview to TOI. He said, “These two leaders have a chance to execute it. So, I feel a real responsibility and know foreign minister Jaishankar feels the same, to execute that, to deliver. We will protect our own interests, but we’ll work together.”
- CBSE gave 56 ‘extra’ marks in Class XII boards
- Struck by India's entrepreneurship, energy and expectations for brighter future: Mike Pompeo
- Rajasthan Congress Legislature Party urges Rahul Gandhi to continue as party president
- Amarnath yatra: Amit Shah warns officials against complacency in security arrangements
- Jharkhand mob lynching: Minority organisation seeks punishment for accused