India News: Times of India brings the top news headlines from India on Politics, Current Affairs, Sports, Entertainment, Technology and Indian Business News.
Sushma Swaraj-Mehmood Qureshi meeting at UNGA next on Indo-Pak agenda?
India and Pakistan are looking at the possibility of a meeting between their foreign ministers, Sushma Swaraj and Shah Mehmood Qureshi respectively, on the sidelines of UNGA in New York next month. Both leaders are likely to be present at the 73rd session of the UNGA which will open on September 18.
- 46 candidates bid to contest Madagascar presidency
- India and Japan to negotiate logistics sharing agreement along the lines of LEMOA
- CPM’s Sitaram Yechury writes to PM, asks for duty waiver on relief material, relaxation of GST norms
- Rahul leaves for 4-day visit to UK, Germany
- India unlikely to accept foreign donations for Kerala floods
Kerala floods: Centre releases Rs 600 cr, CM seeks Rs 2,600 cr special package
The central assistance of Rs 500 crore as announced by Prime Minister Narendra for the flood-affected Kerala was released to the government of Kerala on Tuesday. An additional Rs 100 crore was also released for Kerala as announced by Union home minister Rajnath Singh. Meanwhile, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), home to hundreds of thousands of Keralites, pledged Rs 700 crore on Tuesday for relief work in Kerala, chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan announced.
Kerala floods 'a national disaster': Shashi Tharoor's tweet contradicts Rahul Gandhi's stand
Three days after Congress president Rahul Gandhi urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to declare the floods in Kerala as a national disaster, senior Congress leader and MP Shashi Tharoor shared an article from an English magazine on Twitter which said that declaring the Kerala floods a "national disaster" won't make a difference.
- People left out of NRC queuing up to get claim forms for reapplying
- Committee to be set up to keep an eye on the functioning of shelter homes: SC