India News: Times of India brings the top news headlines from India on Politics, Current Affairs, Sports, Entertainment, Technology and Indian Business News.
- Won't accept any attempt to unilaterally change LAC: Jaishankar
Three-member panel to identify works of art, artifacts and archival record of Ladakh
The ties between India and China have come under "severe stress" and the agreements inked by both sides over the last few years must be respected "scrupulously" in their "entirety" to restore normalcy in relations, external affairs minister S Jaishankar said on Saturday in the midst of the eastern Ladakh border row.
- EC action against BJP's Imarti Devi over poll code violations
- Covid-19: Indian students speak of depression and isolation at UK universities under lockdown, some plan to return to India
- Partial shutdown in Srinagar against J&K land reform law
- After slamming NHAI officials for ‘inefficiency’, Gadkari says his remarks meant for just a few
- Kerala tops ‘best governed’ list, Bihar is best in terms of 'equity'
Relationship with China got strained as Covid-19 unfolded: EAM S Jaishankar
The external affairs minister S Jaishankar on ties with China said that India's relationship with the neighbouring country has come under severe stress as the Covid-19 pandemic unfolded. The minister said that the India-China relationship was stable for three decades as two nations addressed inherited challenges and new circumstances but Covid-19 led to strained relationships.
- Prominent citizens condemn France beheadings
- Secularism as principle and practice in India is in 'danger': Shashi Tharoor