India News: Times of India brings the top news headlines from India on Politics, Current Affairs, Sports, Entertainment, Technology and Indian Business News.
Congress leader among attack targets, bombs found as phase 5 poll looms
Clashes, attacks and recovery of arms and ammuition on Sunday marked West Bengal’s run-up to the fifth phase of polls scheduled for Saturday. Most clashes were reported between Trinamool Congress and BJP. The trend was broken in Malda where a clash broke out between Congress and Trinamool supporters.
Violence follows victory of Tripura royal scion, Sec 144 in 5 districts
A day after Tripura royal scion Pradyot Kishore Debbarman’s newly-formed alliance defeated BJP in the tribal council polls, violence swept several districts of the state amid allegations that supporters on the winning side targeted offices and workers of the saffron party and its ally, the Indigenous Peoples’ Front of Tripura.
- Five rusted mines recovered, defused in J&K’s Samba
Maharashtra administers over 1cr doses, highest in country
Maharashtra reached a major Covid-19 milestone on Sunday as it crossed the one crore-mark in vaccine doses administered, the highest by any state. It took the state a little less than 70 days to cover nearly one-third of the target population with at least one dose, officials said. Rajasthan is a close second with nearly 96lakh doses administered.
- 3 days on, BJP pulls Senger’s wife out of UP election fray
- Travelling on Rajdhanis with modern coaches gets costlier
- Hanuman’s place of birth: Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh engage in epic battle
- China changes tack, plays hardball on Gogra-Hot Springs de-escalation
- Srinagar hosts 2nd fashion show inside a fortnight
- Now, AI-based device to alert drivers when they doze off