India News: Times of India brings the top news headlines from India on Politics, Current Affairs, Sports, Entertainment, Technology and Indian Business News.
- Vande Bharat Mission: Ariana Afghan Airlines evacuates 3rd batch of stranded Indian citizens from Kabul
- SC seeks Centre reply on plea for capping treatment cost of Covid patients in private hospitals
- PM Modi wishes UP CM Yogi Adityanath on birthday
Covid-19 underlines necessity to prioritise needs of poor through digital solutions: India at UN
In his first public remarks at the UN since assuming charge late last month, India's permanent representative to the UN ambassador TS Tirumurti on Thursday said that Covid-19 health crisis has quickly transformed into an economic, social and humanitarian crisis. India called for prioritising the needs of the poor and vulnerable through digital initiatives.
- India's Covid-19 tally reaches 2,26,770 with record spike of 9,851 cases; death toll 6,348
- World Environment Day: India facing challenges in achieving 9 out of 17 SDGs, points state of India’ environment 2020 in figures
- Cyclone Nisarga: Maharashtra CM to visit Raigad today
- Earthquake tremors felt in Karnataka, Jharkhand today
Reiterate pledge to preserve biodiversity: PM Modi on World Environment Day
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday pitched for collective efforts to ensure that the planet becomes a better place for future generations. "May we leave an even better planet for the coming generations," he said in a Twitter message. He had also pitched for saving rainwater, saying the traditional conservation methods are in the form of very simple remedies, and employing these "we can tap the water".
- Hyderabad man announces Rs 2 L reward for those assisting in finding Kerala elephant's killer